Monday, January 4, 2021

Hello 2021

 ah it's so lovely to see you 2021. 


I think it's reasonably fair to say most are happy to see the backend of 2020. The year of covid19, the year for us in melbourne where we lived mostly in lockdown for approx 8 months of the year. The hardest part was a 8-10 week period from early August, where we were restricted to within 5 kms of our homes, and not allowed anyone over. I understood the need for it and the result was we hot zero cases and stayed that way for nearly two months, but it's messed with so many people's mental health, including my own. Oh and we are trying to move house, as they've sold our rental. 

This year has been challenging to say the least. 

I can definitely think of some positives for 2020 though, I completed my social work degree in October and am looking forward to graduating and beginning finding work to keep me growing and learning. I have had a job the entire way through covid, though that job has caused an enormous amount of stress also. 2020 saw me get my new car back in Feb (reminder to self it is due a service, actually overdue). A 2019 Kia Sorrento which I love, though am still adjusting to how big it is. 2020 has seen me place more and more boundaries in my life, farewelling some past friendships that would be considered more negative. I didn't take up any new hobbies, gosh i tried, but honestly, 2020 was too darn busy and far far too stressful. 

I have just returned from nearly a week in Eildon at the bus. It felt so needed. I was yelling at everyone at home, feeling super grumpy, extremely tired and burnt out. I return to work in 2 days and I'm not ready, I still feel insanely burnt out. So my plan is to increase my self care, significantly, hold and place boundaries in my life and nurture me. I plan doing the yearly budget this week, compare to the previous years and hopefully get some savings in the bank that will actually stay there and grow. I want to make a list for all the things that need doing at the bus, to make the place even more comfy, as well as a few furniture items will need updating this year both at the bus and at home, so these will need to be budgeted for. Oh and I am going to start prepping for Christmas 2021 early, like really early.

I want to menu plan regularly, I have done this weeks which I will share below. I have made sure we have 3-4 vegetarian meals. I need to increase my exercise, I have gained a fair bit of weight and its causing some health and physical issues, so I am not dieting as such (not right now, too much other stress) but plan to just work on less take away, less wine, add some exercise. I am also going to really focus on self care. The first thing I have been doing is reading, I am a third of the way through a book, like an actual novel How it feels to float and have set myself a goal to read a book a month or around that this year. 

MENU PLAN

 

Chicken and chorizo paella.

Minestrone soup

Fried rice.

Schnitzel wraps.

Dhal and cauliflour curry.

Brocolli, corn and haloumi fritters with salad.

Creamy chicken (bacon/mushroom)

 


Some other meals I was looking up and will list them here to remind me for next week are - vegie noodle stiry fry (with tofu) - sour soup, vegie sausage rolls, pumpkin mushroom and leek risotto, turkey san choy bow, chicken pizziola. 


No comments: