Sunday, January 17, 2021

Menu planning and budget

 My goal over the next 4 weeks is to heavily reduce costs and eat our way through as much of our fridge and pantry items as we can. We have been evicted and need to find a rental asap. 

I am attempting to sit aside enough to pay for a removalist on top of everything else to make the move a bit less stressful. I am guessing the cost will be approx $700 or so for removalists. 

Ideally I'd like to pay for a house clean upon leaving too, which will be another $500 odd. 

So our easiest way to reduce cost is our food budget. I have a pretty well stocked pantry so can make our way through that, the freezer and fridge have minimal so will need to top up meat and veg each week. I've gone back to doing the butcher, asian grover and green grocer to save also, its made a good difference. 

I am also planning to sell as many things that we no longer need as I pack the house too. To help towards the costs. 

Right now it feels really overwhelming, but we've got this! 


MENU PLAN

 

Pulled beef tacos

Baked potatoes with pulled beef.

Tofu and veg green curry

Salmon and salad

Chicken curry

Lentil shepherds pie.

Thai beef salad.

 

 

Lunches

Shashushka

Leftovers

Toasted ham and cheese sandwiches

Noodles

Fish fingers/frozen stuff

Pies

Baked beans/spaghetti. 

Pho


No comments: