Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I baked bread!






I'm doing a personal eco house challenge for a fortnight. I am writing down the meter readings for each of the following, water, gas, electricity and the car odometer, also counting how many garbage bags we go through in a week.
The aim is to take notice of how much we do use and how much making changes reduces our usage.

I had a goal to cook more and to cook more for myself (from my list) and today I baked bread!!!!
I was very proud of it too :)
I also made a lovely cauliflour soup and a sausage casserole for the kids and a chicken thrown together curry thingy for Joey and I.




OK the bread was by this recipe,

and the cauliflour soup:

(in progress)

1 head caulfilour
1 leek
1 clove garlic
some vegie stock
can light evaporated milk.

Chop ingredients, put everything except the milk in a pot and boil for about 20 minutes.
Then add milk and blend. Was very easy and was yummy!

Sausage casserole:



sausages (I used 5 thin ones)
2 onions sliced
1 clove garlic.
half a bottle of tomato passata (puree)
small can crushed tomatoes
1 tbs bbq sauce
2 carrots chopped.

Brown sausages then chop, throw all ingredients in a pot and cook for about half an hour :)

Then this is a recipe I just chuck stuff in.
Chicken thrown together curry:



1 kilo chicken cassorle pieces
1 red onion roughly chopped
1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped roughly
2 tomatoes chopped
large handful fresh spinach
half red capsicum chopped.
curry spices (I used cumin, garam masala, a malaysian pre mix of spices form my asain grocer and turneric)
a little water.
chopped fresh chilli
chopped fresh coriander.

Thrown everything in a baking dish and cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour.

Today I also spent a good bit of tiem in the garage sorting through piles of stuff! the place is a bit of amess so I dragged each of the bins into the garage ot make it easier to sort. I also grabbed some bags to do bags for the op shop.
I am about half done will finish tomorrow, will be easier once done, one more area organised and also will maen i will be able ot access my gardening stuf much easier!

3 comments:

Rhonda Jean said...

well done on the bread, susan. you did a good job! What sis it taste like with that delicious looking soup?

Minni Mum said...

How about that for cosmic intervention! I just had a large head of cauliflower delivered and I was wondering what to do with it, LOL, so thanks :-) Your photos have me drooling too, by the way. Cheers!

Susan said...

it tasted great Rhonda!
Hope you enjoy your soup crazy mumma :)