Saturday, June 28, 2008

Op shopping


I've been re-enjoying op shopping of late. I think my life works in cycles and sometimes it gets too buys and I forget to do the things i enjoy and that make me a happier person. Life's been getting back on track lately and I feel renewed in my blogging and tracking of it all.

So the last few weeks I have made a few trips to different op shops.
I did some work for Eastern access community health (EACH) in doing photos for their website and brochures etc. I had to go photograph the EACH op shop (situated on Bedford rd Ringwood east) whilst there I so wanted to look around and explore the expanse of goodies, so after I finished for the day I headed straight to the op shop and spent an hour and a half sifting through and looking at all the stuff!

I came away and sent $50.60 and was incredibly pleased with my purchases and incredible bargains!

They are all pictured above. The coat is an italian wool coat in brand new condition ($15) the poncho is my absolute fav, its pretty old but in great condition and its super cuddly and warm! ($6) There are a pair of colorado mary jane shoes ($8) a cool stripey knitted scarf in brown tones($2), a cool shirt for the hubby in cream with a brown pattern ($4) a multitude of kids books (50cents-$1) a couple of board games, all complete and only $1 each! a rain hooded jacket for the 4yr old, a long sleeve top for him also, some tins for my 9yr old to store goodies in on her shelves in her bedroom, a glass jar with cool lid(now a new coffee jar) a black poncho for the midle 6yr old. a great savings :) and some unique items found!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

that is a fantastic haul! I was wondering if you knew about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

there are links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested in joining.

regards, Amelia